Project and Partnerships Lead – Mental Health CafeAugust 2, 2022
Lifeline Gippsland is embarking on an exciting initiative in partnership with the Latrobe Health Assembly to establish a Mental Health Café in Morwell. Based on a model originating in the UK, the Safe Haven Café model provides a safe and welcoming space to those experiencing mental health concerns and emotional distress. Currently in the establishment phase, the service will provide a safe, therapeutic space in a non-threatening, non-clinical, warm and responsive environment and offers support and linkages through contact with peer support workers and a mental health clinician. The Mental Health Café will also provide support to families and carers, and is accessible to anyone 16 years and older.
A community-led, co-design approach has informed this initiative, and maintaining engagement with existing partners and identifying new stakeholders will be key to the success of this model.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for a passionate, results-driven and experienced project manager to drive the establishment of the Mental Health Café that will enable us to deliver positive outcomes to community members who access and support the service.
You will possess the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including well developed influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proven experience in developing positive linkages with the community and maintaining effective and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Knowledge and skills in planning, task and activity monitoring, risk management, high-level reporting and overall delivery against defined objectives, methods and outcomes.
- Knowledge of co-design principles and a strong appreciation of the contribution of people with living experience of mental ill-health, their carers, families and supporters.
- A proactive and action driven attitude and approach with an exceptional ability to innovate, think strategically and challenge the status quo.
If you are passionate about achieving positive outcomes for our community and meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and a response to the Key Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description, available HERE.
We encourage early applications as successful applicants may be contacted prior to closing date.
Lifeline Gippsland strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people with a lived experience of mental ill-health and recovery, their carers and supporters. We warmly invite application from all cultures, genders, sexualities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds. The successful applicant is required to complete a Criminal History Record Check check and a Working with Children check prior to employment.
An initiative of the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone.