Connect Call Back Eligibility
This service is suitable for residents of Gippsland, aged 18 and over, who are:
- experiencing a current crisis (including low to moderate thoughts of suicide)
- caring for someone who is experiencing a current crisis (including low to moderate thoughts of suicide)
The service is not suitable for people who:
- have a chronic (persistent or recurring) mental illness where this contributes significantly to the presenting crisis
- are experiencing extreme psychiatric distress or disability
- present as high risk or requiring more complex care (e.g. severe ID or ABI, acute physical problems, substance withdrawal)
- are likely to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs during contact with members of the Connect Call Back team
- are unable to cease self-harming behaviour during contact with members of the Connect Call Back team
- are chronically suicidal, or needing immediate self-harm or suicide intervention at time of referral
If you or someone you know is at immediate risk of harm, please contact emergency services 000.
For immediate brief crisis intervention and support call Lifeline 13 11 14
If you are uncertain whether Connect Call back is for you please contact the Connect Call Back Coordinator to arrange a confidential phone discussion connectcallbackllg.org.au.