safeTALKDecember 14, 2015
What is safeTALK?
safeTALK is a half-day alertness workshop that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
safeTALK helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world.
13th July 9:00am – 12:30pm
15th November 6:00pm – 9:30pm
Download the safeTALK Registration Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5136 3500 to book a place.
Further information can be obtained by emailing Marisca.Seinen@llg.org.au